Sunday, September 27, 2009

Ahh, Autummmn (or Happy Fall, Y'all)

Today I woke up to the bluest sky I've ever seen, accented with Hollywood-perfect puffs of white clouds. I had a wonderful lunch and my favorite wine on the patio with Mama, Brother, and Frank Sinatra... but then Brother had to leave to drive back to school in Yankeeland :o(

Though autumn officially arrived last week, the weather is now playing along and that beloved crispness is in the air. It's hard to look out the window without seeing a few bright leaves fluttering down, and there's an apple harvest, sale, picking event, festival, or tasting everywhere you go. Soup is starting to sound like a good idea for dinner; freckles are reminders of sunny summer memories; two layers feel just right and one can be plaid; and mums are finally having their moment, bless their hearts.




I love everything about this photo. Happy fall, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment