Today is the anniversary of a very sad day. I remember everything about it, and I can’t even start thinking about it without welling up in tears.
So, I’m making an effort to focus on positive and happy things, things I love (besides my sweet family and beloved friends, of course, who rank even before number one). It’s good to be thankful and count your blessings, y’all. (And look at me, posting two days in a row!)
In no particular order...
1. pearls (duh)
2. silver anything, especially hotel silver and old sterling
3. the Blues… the kind that makes you sway in your seat, drink Cap’n-and-diets, and remember past loves
4. birds’ nests with lil blue eggs in 'em
5. tulle, organza, and dupioni silk
6. cardigans, especially from J.Crew
7. old “luxury” hotels with dining rooms and big lobbies full of history
8. the beach... any beach...
9. shallow, rocky creeks
10. the Indigo Girls (second row center, September 25, at the Bijou, yay!)
11. party dresses
12. plaid and madras
14. dark chocolate
15. flowers, almost any flowers
16. driving in Violet with the top down
17. old movies (top five: An Affair to Remember, Out of Africa, Breakfast at Tiffany’s, Roman Holiday, Sabrina--how fabulous it would be to live even a little while in one of those movies)
18. Gregory Peck, Cary Grant, and a younger John Forsythe in Bachelor Father *swoon*
19. the fact that my Sweet C looks like Gregory Peck, Cary Grant, and a younger John Forsythe *swoon*
20. red… the red with a lil bit of blue in it
21. Rascal Flatts
22. sparkly things, especially sparkly things that don’t normally or need to sparkle but do
24. tiaras (but not crowns)
26. Big Band music, the kind that makes you want to drink pink champagne and wear a crinoline
28. the way Africans pronounce "Africa"
29. pigs, especially pink piglets like Piggy Lou
31. vintage sexy words like brazen hussy, saucy minx, tawdry strumpet, and triflin’ vixen